Scripture calls us to be active and engaged members of the body (Hebrews 13:17). In our Discover class we will equip you with the tools to becoming an active and joyous member of Leesburg Community Church. In the Discover class you will have the opportunity to connect with others, learn our core values and we will share with you the vision and direction we are heading as a church and how you can become involved and partner with us in ministry!
Being a church member is a great blessing and responsibility and we as your church would enjoy leading you into that mindset. Sign up for a Discover class today and learn more about the process of becoming active and mature members of Leesburg Community Church!
Become a Member
Being a member of Leesburg Community Church isn't about your rights. It's about your responsibilities, more like being part of a family.
As a Leesburg Community Church member, you agree that:
1. Jesus is my example, teacher, friend, redeemer, and Lord. He is the source of my life; the central reference point for my faith and lifestyle, for my understanding of Church, and my engagement of society. I am dedicated to following Jesus and worshiping Him.
2. I am dedicated to being His good news to the poor, powerless, and persecuted.
3. I am dedicated to being a disciple and making disciples, as well as creating a place of friendship, mutual accountability, and worship.
4. I am dedicated to nurturing and developing a church in which all generations are valued, leadership is consultative, roles are related to gifts, and baptism is for believers.
5. I am dedicated to finding ways of sharing generously, creating a culture that society looks to, and working for justice.
6. I am devoted to living in peace with others as well as learning how to make peace between individuals, among churches, and in society.
7. I am devoted to personally investing my God-provided gifts and resources with this church community in this mission.
Baptism is an important step of obedience that shows others we have personally trusted Jesus for our salvation. Jesus was baptized when He was on the earth, and we do this to follow His example. When Christians are baptized, they are submerged under water to identify with the death and burial of Jesus and raised out of the water to identify with His resurrection. We believe that water baptism is a public declaration of three important things: you are a follower of Jesus Christ, you are beginning a changed life in Christ, and you are part of a new family.
BAPTISM AT LEESBURG COMMUNITY CHURCH
We practice baptism by immersion, which best represents the death, burial, and Resurrection of Jesus (Romans 6:1-5) and symbolizes the burial of the old self and the emerging of a “new creation” in our own lives as we seek to walk and grow with Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Salvation is a gift that is given freely by God through the complete and atoning sacrifice Jesus made for us on the cross. According to the New Testament, baptism is the first visible expression of our faith. We are compelled to be baptized because Jesus both commanded it and modeled it.
Several times throughout the year we provide opportunities for people to stand before family and friends and confess that Jesus Christ has saved them from sin and death and given them new, abundant & eternal life through faith in Him. These people have identified with Jesus Christ’s death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead. They have called Him Lord and intend, by His grace and power, to continue following Him. Through their baptism in water they announce to the world their new life that comes through faith in Jesus Christ. They are boldly witnessing to the fact that Jesus Christ has set them free to walk in the newness of His life and His love.